Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Don't hate, it's ugly

You know me, I am the last person to jump to conclusions. I am the last person to assume that the reason someone treats me unfairly or is rude to me is because they are racist. But I can now honestly and safely say I have unargueable experienced my first racist encounter.
I went to ACE Hardware to get some screwdrivers and to get a key made. I found some screwdrivers to finally put my dressers together and went to the counter in the back to get my keys made. I was the only one at the counter and the man behind it with his buzzed mohawk mullet says to me he'll be right with me. Then another lady who decided to not only cut me off but stop right in front of me and not move, stands next to me and to my surprise the man behind the counter takes her 3 keys of which she wanted three copies of each! So ten minutes later, he walks over to me and says yet again that he'll be right with me and procedes to walk over to the man at the other counter so he can make four copies of each of his three keys! Finally this nice non-white young man that worked there made me my one key that took about 30 seconds to make but I had to wait about 15 minutes for.
So then, I took my key and screwdrivers to the front to pay. I was in the only open line which was being run by this little old lady. I finally get to the front and her charming banter with everyone else suddenly disappears and she becomes very cold with me. She only told me how much I owed which was 4 dollars and some change. I went to hand her the change and she just looked at me and waited for me to put the money down on the counter. She then put my receipt back on the counter while my hand was held out waiting for it. As soon as I took my things and walked away, she reverted back to her seemingly normal self.
I still don't know what to do with this, but I can be sure that it did not make for a good feeling. Boo ugly people.
Comments:
first?!!
 
Again, this is the first one that cannot be written of as something else. I don't have room for assumptions, this is the first non-verbal, clear-cut, unargueable encounter.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?